Landscape Astrophotography Editing Workflow
Runtime: 130 minutes
In this 130-minute tutorial you’ll learn my start-to-finish workflow by applying techniques acquired through years of digital photographic editing. Focusing on a single Milky Way image (as seen on this page) we’ll walk through basic edits in Lightroom and Photoshop as well as dive into more advanced techniques, such as star stacking and exposure blending, on our way to producing the completed image.
- Camera settings and workflow review
- Raw image preparation in Lightroom
- Star stacking for pinpoint stars and lower noise
- Exposure blending in Photoshop
- Noise reduction with Nik Dfine
- Creative editing in Photoshop
- Camera settings
- Why we star stack
- Workflow basics
- White balancing a night sky with airglow
- Sharpening foreground images
- Lens corrections
- Star stacking manually in Photoshop (Mac and Windows) vs the more automated way with Starry Landscape Stacker (Mac Only)
- Basic and advanced blending with masks
- Dodging and burning with luminosity painting
- Preventing blown out stars when adjusting sky contrast
Video File Specs:
- 1080p HD videos (1920×1080 resolution)
- MP4 format compatible with most video players
- Total size is approximately 2.5 GB
Purchasing gives you a link to download all 6 videos.
The video is narrated in English. Text transcripts are not available.
As this is a digital download, refunds are not available.